[If you are viewing via email, please click here to listen]
It is always fun to speak with a individual from an organization that we have directly interacted with. Today we welcomed Tony Dudek, Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Paradies operates more than 550 retail stores in over 75 airports and hotels across the U.S. and Canada. Having been named the nation’s “Best Airport Retailer” for 18 consecutive years, it is easy to see that they are a leader within their market space. However, as we learn during today’s conversation the backbone of their success is driven by both company culture and corporate values.
SHOW NOTES AND HIGHLIGHTS:
- Tony fills us in on his background and provides insight on the path that led him to Paradies.
- We live a day in the life of Tony Dudek.
- Maintaining technological assets in a world where technology changes at a daily pace.
- How is working in an airport space different then normal retail brick and mortar?
- Management Culture, how to implement changes successfully without diluting values.
- What is the most important skill for a individual striving to one day be a CIO?
- When building a career in IT, what is the right mix of consultant vs. working directly for an organization?
- Most importantly, don’t be afraid to fail!
- Learn more about Paradies by clicking here.
Tony provided us some great insight into his views of how to build a successful IT career. If you are a player in this dynamic industry who is looking to improve your own career then this is an interview you won’t want to miss.
To be notified by email when a new show featuring industry experts is published, join our mailing list here!
Or subscribe to our show in iTunes here. If you enjoyed the show, please leave a comment and a positive customer rating too. Much appreciated!
Thanks for listening!